- Borrow £100 to £1,000
- Repay over 13 – 52 wks
- Fixed weekly payments
- Friendly Rep to support you
- Bank account is optional
- Multiple loan options
Provident is the UK’s leading home collected personal credit company offering small unsecured personal cash loans. Since 1880 they’ve helped people buy the things they need using their friendly door-to-door service.
Provident specialises in straightforward personal credit that puts you in control. They offer small cash loans which, if accepted, are delivered straight to your door or, if you prefer, your bank account. Their loans have weekly fixed repayments – and the amount owed never goes up.
- Unsecured “provident loans” from £100 – £1,000 subject to affordability
- repay in weekly instalments – 13 to 52 weeks
- existing borrowers may be able to borrow up to £2,500 subject to affordability over a period of 52 to 104 weeks.
- You may still be considered even if you have a poor credit history or CCJs
- Affordable, fixed repayments that keep you in control
- No hidden fees – only pay what you agreed to upfront
- You don’t normally need a bank account or a debit card – choose between cash delivered to your door or to your bank account
- It’s free to apply and you’re under no obligation after you’ve applied
|Loan Amount (£)||Loan Term (weeks)||APR*|
|100 – 900||13 – 52||299.3%|
|950 – 1000||26 – 52||299.3%|
|1000 – 1600^||26 – 104^||299.3%|
|1700 – 2500^||52 – 104^||299.3%|
* assumes repayment over 52 weeks / ^ existing customers only
Compare Provident to Other Lenders
For clarity here are the key differences of Provident to the “typical” or “average” doorstep loan lender:
- Along with Morses Club, they offer the largest loan amounts of any doorstep lender for new customers.
- Existing customers are able to apply for up to £2,500 subject to affordability.
- Excellent reviews on Reviews.io – 4.7 out of 5 based on over 3500 reviews
- They’ve been trading successfully for 120+ years
- They cover the whole UK
Provident’s Representative Example
Borrow £260 for 26 weeks. Representative 535.3% APR fixed. Weekly payment £15.60. Interest payable £145.60. Total repayable £405.60.
Provident is a trading name of Provident Personal Credit Limited. Registered Office: 1 Godwin Street, Bradford BD1 2SU. Company registration number 146091.
Provident Personal Credit Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority with firm reference number 700144.
ICO Data Protection Registration
Provident Personal Credit Ltd is registered with Information Commissioner, registration number Z5227544.
Doorstep Loans Guide
If you’re uncertain which type of credit might suit you or you have a money problem then one of the guides may help you. We summarise each type of loan and their pros and cons and address issues regarding debt and credit ratings.
Got a Question about Provident Loans?
Answers to Common Questions
A Provident loan is a small cash loan that you repay on a weekly basis. Typically you apply for the loan and it is delivered to your door, although the recent pandemic has meant that a bank transfer option has also been made available. Repayments are fixed and you never repay more in total than was agreed at the start. Provident has existed for over 100 years and has a great reputation for its doorstep loans.
The process to apply for a Provident loan is as follows:
- Choose your loan option – the amount and the number of weeks you want to borrow it for
- Start your loan application online – make sure you satisfy the basic criteria (UK resident, aged 18 to 74), provide contact details, agree to be called and to an affordability assessment.
- Finish your application with a (30 minute) phone call or home visit – you will need to provide proof of ID and income. Once approved your loan can be delivered to your home or to your bank account if you have one.
Unlike some home credit lenders, Provident are a national organisation who can provide their service across the whole UK.
The speed will depend on whether you elect to complete the loan face to face or 100% online. And it will also depend on providing the necessary documentation to prove both your identity and income. Provident state that so long as your application is completed by 5pm on a working day (Monday – Friday) your loan will be with you by midnight. Otherwise, you will receive the funds the next working day.
You will need to speak to your rep about this.
If you already have a Provident loan it is possible for you to borrow more – perhaps up to a total of £2500 (repayable over a period of 52 to 104 weeks). You should talk to your rep about this option. In fact your rep is your first port of call for any query you might have about your existing loan.
“A very good site. I am really happy with this site, especially the educational part. Thanks again.”Mr. F.B. from Liverpool WRITE A REVIEW
“Great service!”Ms. M.E. from Burnley WRITE A REVIEW
“A very useful and easy to read website.”Mr. J.J. from Macclesfield WRITE A REVIEW
“I would like to thank you for your swift response…I was delighted with the service that I received from yourselves.”Mrs. A.C. from Chichester WRITE A REVIEW