- Borrow £100 to £400
- Repay over 22 or 34 wks
- Fixed weekly payments
- Friendly Rep to support you
- Bank account is optional
- Multiple loan options
Morses Club is a leading home credit provider in the UK offering small cash loans. These loans are from £100 to £400 for new customers (up to £1,500 for existing borrowers) subject to affordability. Once you’ve applied you’ll know within minutes if you’ve been initially approved. Final details are dealt with by contact from an agent. They have a strong reputation and have helped people for over 80 years.
Morses Club offers a comprehensive range of convenient cash loans. The loans are provided with weekly repayments paid by you at an agreed time. It’s good to know that a high percentage of Morses Club customers would recommend them – in fact, you may already know someone who’s used their services.
- Small unsecured loans from £100 – £400 subject to affordability
- repay in weekly instalments – 22 or 34 weeks
- existing borrowers may be able to borrow larger amounts (up to £1,500) subject to affordability over a period of 22, 34 or 53 weeks.
- You may still be considered even if you have a poor credit history or CCJs
- Affordable, fixed repayments that keep you in control
- No hidden fees – only pay what you agreed to upfront
- You don’t normally need a bank account or a debit card – choose between cash delivered to your door or to your bank account if you have one
- It’s free to apply and you’re under no obligation after you’ve applied
|Loan Amount (£)||Loan Term (weeks)||APR|
|100 – 400||22||716.5%|
|100 – 400||34||466.4%|
|500^||22 – 34^||466.4%+|
|600 – 1000^||34 – 53^||280.6%*|
+ over 34 weeks / * over 53 weeks / ^ existing customers only
Compare Morses Club to Other Lenders
For clarity here are the key differences of Morses Club to the “typical” or “average” doorstep loan lender:
- They offer the joint lowest interest rate of any major home credit lender
- They have a great rating of 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot based on over 2000 reviews
- They provide a mobile phone app to ensure your account management is easy
- Your loan can be credited to a prepaid debit card to make online purchasing easier if you don’t have a bank account
- They cover the whole UK
Morses Club’s Representative Example
Borrow £200 for 34 weeks. Representative 466.37% APR fixed. Weekly payment £10. Interest payable £140. Total repayable £340.
Morses Club PLC has its registered office at Kingston House, Centre 27 Business Park, Woodhead Road, Birstall, Batley, WF17 9TD. Company registration number 06793980.
Morses Club PLC is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority with firm reference number 707379.
ICO Data Protection Registration
Morses Club PLC is registered with Information Commissioner, registration number Z1684084.
News about Morses Club
When there is news it will appear here.
Doorstep Loans Guide
If you’re uncertain which type of credit might suit you or you have a money problem then one of the guides may help you. We summarise each type of loan and their pros and cons and address issues regarding debt and credit ratings.
Got a Question about Morses Club?
Answers to Common Questions
Applying for a Morses Club loan is straightforward:
- complete the online application form
- if you are approved a local agent will visit at an agreed day/time
- when your agent visits they will do affordability checks and other paperwork
- you can decide if you want the loan paid as cash or put onto a Morses Club card
Everything is explained in this video:
No, Morses Club provides home credit otherwise know as doorstep loans. Although the loan amounts are similar doorstep loans have three very important differences to payday loans:
- they are typically organised face to face with an agent visiting you at home
- they are repaid over a longer period
- repayments are made weekly in small manageable amounts
The customer app is designed to help you keep track of your loan at all times – whether you’re at home or on the move. This video explains how the app can help you. It only takes a couple of minutes to register.
As well as being very convenient the customer app allows you to do numerous things:
- view your loan balance and payment history
- make a repayment using your debit card
- discover when you might be eligible for another loan
- update your contact preferences
All this while still getting the personal contact of an agent.
You repay your loan in small weekly amounts. Typically these are collected from you at home by an agent. However, you also have the option of making payments from a debit card and this can be done via the phone app.
Your current credit rating is not the key deciding factor as to whether you are offered a loan. However, Morses Club will need to make sure that you do satisfy the following criteria when applying for a loan:
- you are a UK resident, aged 18+ and have a regular income
- that in the last 6 years you have not been declared bankrupt, applied for sequestration, had a debt relief order or an IVA.
- that you can demonstrate you can afford the loan repayments (via an affordability assessment)
You may have previously dealt with a company called Shopacheck. They merged with Morses Club on 1st March 2015 and now belong to Morses Club PLC. Shopacheck is now a trading style of Morses Club PLC.
Morses Club and Provident Personal Credit are two completely unrelated businesses, but both offer home credit. Both have long histories of offering this type of credit. If someone talks about having a “provident loan” then this could simply mean they have a doorstep loan. The loan may have been provided by an entirely different lender to Provident.
“A very good site. I am really happy with this site, especially the educational part. Thanks again.”Mr. F.B. from Liverpool WRITE A REVIEW
“Great service!”Ms. M.E. from Burnley WRITE A REVIEW
“A very useful and easy to read website.”Mr. J.J. from Macclesfield WRITE A REVIEW
“I would like to thank you for your swift response…I was delighted with the service that I received from yourselves.”Mrs. A.C. from Chichester WRITE A REVIEW