Loans at Home
- Borrow £100 to £600
- Repay over 14, 26 or 34 wks
- Fixed weekly payments
- Friendly Rep to support you
- Bank account is optional
- Multiple loan options
About Loans at Home
Loans at Home is one of the largest UK’s largest doorstep lenders and offers a nationwide service. They date back to 1938 which also makes them one of the most experienced lenders. They offer loans of £100 to £600 that can be repaid weekly over periods from 14 to 34 weeks.
To obtain your loan there’s a simple 2-minute application process followed by a call with an agent who will ensure that repayments are manageable. Your agent visits weekly to collect payment (or you can do this online or via your bank if you have one).
- Unsecured cash loans from £100 – £600 subject to affordability
- repay in weekly instalments – 13 to 34 weeks
- existing borrowers may be able to borrow an additional amount
- You may still be considered even if you have a poor credit history or CCJs
- Affordable, fixed repayments that keep you in control
- No hidden fees – only pay what you agreed to upfront
- You don’t normally need a bank account or a debit card – choose between cash delivered to your door or to your bank account
- It’s free to apply and you’re under no obligation after you’ve applied
|Loan Amount (£)||Loan Term (weeks)||APR+|
|£150 – £175||14 – 26||535.3%|
|£200 – £400||14 – 34||466.4%|
|£425 – £600||26 – 34||466.4%|
+ based on longest loan length
Compare Loans at Home to Other Lenders
For clarity here are the key differences of Loans at Home to the “typical” or “average” doorstep loan lender:
- They offer the joint lowest interest rate of any of the major doorstep loan lenders
- They cover the whole UK
- The maximum loan amount is not as large as Morses’ but should be enough for most borrowers (note: Provident has exited the doorstep loan market and is no longer lending)
- The maximum borrowing period of 34 weeks is not as great as its competitors
- Their website does not contain much information about their service; for instance, there is no detailed FAQ section
Loan at Home’s Representative Example
Borrow £300 for 34 weeks. Representative 466.4% APR fixed. Weekly payment £15. Interest payable £210. Total repayable £510.
Loans at Home is the trading name of S.D. Taylor Limited. Registered Office: 7 Turnberry Park Road, Gildersome, Morley, Leeds, LS27 7LE. Company registration number 00550055.
S.D. Taylor Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority with firm reference number 708507.
ICO Data Protection Registration
S.D. Taylor Limited is registered with Information Commissioner, registration number Z6039974.
News about Loans at Home
Doorstep Loans Guide
If you’re uncertain which type of credit might suit you or you have a money problem then one of the guides may help you. We summarise each type of loan and their pros and cons and address issues regarding debt and credit ratings.
Got a Question about Loans at Home?
Answers to Common Questions
Loans at Home is a home credit (or doorstep loan) provider based in Leeds but covering pretty much the whole UK. They offer small cash loans of up to £600 that are repaid on a weekly basis. Repayments are fixed so you know precisely how much you’ll be repaying. They use agents to work face to face with borrowers and each agent is based in a small branch office covering a particular part of the UK.
Loans at Home is a trading style of S.D.Taylor Ltd whose head office is near Leeds. They have been providing credit for over 80 years making them one of the most experienced lenders in the UK. In 2015 S.D.Taylor was acquired by Non-Standard Finance PLC. The brand sits alongside others you may have heard of and that include Everyday Loans, Selfy Loans, George Banco and TrustTwo.
The process to get a loan from Loans at Home is straightforward. Make a simple enquiry that takes no more than 2 minutes. On approval in principle you’ll be called back to arrange a home visit from your local agent. The agent will spend time with you to assess how much you can comfortably borrow such that your repayments are manageable. You can get your cash there and then or have it deposited into your bank account if you have one.
You will certainly still be considered for a loan even if you have had credit problems in the past. It’s worth saying that successfully repaying your doorstep loan will contribute to improving your credit rating.
“A very good site. I am really happy with this site, especially the educational part. Thanks again.”Mr. F.B. from Liverpool WRITE A REVIEW
“Great service!”Ms. M.E. from Burnley WRITE A REVIEW
“A very useful and easy to read website.”Mr. J.J. from Macclesfield WRITE A REVIEW
“I would like to thank you for your swift response…I was delighted with the service that I received from yourselves.”Mrs. A.C. from Chichester WRITE A REVIEW