Marmalade car finance
- For young drivers 17 – 24
- Low deposit of just £500
- Brand new cars
- 1-year free insurance
- Free breakdown cover
- Just Fuel & Go!
Marmalade Young Drivers
Affordable car finance & insurance
Young drivers – owning a new car may be more affordable than you think with Fuel & Go from Marmalade. You can get a new car, free insurance* and free breakdown cover from £195 per month with just a £500 initial deposit.
Marmalade offers great deals on brand new cars from leading manufacturers such as Fiat, Vauxhall, VW, Ford, Seat, Renault & Audi. Browse all their cars and get your quote now.
Marmalade is rated “excellent” or “great” by 91% of the 6,100+ reviewers on Trustpilot!
How to get Marmalade Fuel & Go car finance
1: Decide what you need
Primarily you should decide how much you can afford and then find which cars are within your budget. In many cases you'll get a year's FREE insurance as well as breakdown cover. Learn about PCP vs HP car finance
Marmalade’s Representative Example (PCP deal)
Cash price £11,452.06 for 48 months. Initial deposit £500. Credit provided £10,952.06. Representative 8.9% APR fixed. Monthly payment £209.60. Interest payable £2,745.42. Total amount paid £10,560.80. Then optional final payment of £3,846.25 required to take ownership of car. Total paid for car £14,407.05
Marmalade is a credit broker, not a lender. The rate you are offered will depend on your individual circumstances.
Young Drivers: Aged 17* to 21
For very young drivers there are two major hurdles that mean a Marmalade young driver car finance package could be very helpful:
- You will not have a built up a credit rating to be able to demonstrate good repayment behaviour
- Your inexperience behind the wheel of a car will mean your car insurance premium will be very high.
This is where Marmalade can really help simultaneously finding you a good finance deal and building in FREE car insurance (or a substantial contribution to it). For a new driver car insurance even on a small car can run into £000s. Learn about car insurance options.
* you can’t enter into credit agreements until you are aged 18. If you are 17 then a parent could apply on your behalf.
Young Drivers: Aged 22 to 24
By the time you’re in your early 20s, you should have started to become not only a more proficient and safe driver (leading to much lower insurance rates) but also have a reasonable credit rating. It is therefore quite possible that there are other more mainstream offers that could compete with Marmalade’s.
We’re partnered with another car finance broker too and it is sensible to get a quote from them to make sure that Marmalade is competitive. Then you can move forward with confidence.
The Marmalade Package
Overall Marmalade tailors a package of car, finance* and insurance* to get you on the road as affordably and as safely as possible. If all you want is car insurance for a young person then that is possible too.
- Brand new cars only
- From leading manufacturers such as Audi, Nissan, Ford, Vauxhall, Fiat & Peugeot (other brands too)
- Low deposit available, or pay more upfront to reduce future payments.
- PCP (lease) or HP deals
- Available to people aged 18 to 24 and subject to status.
- Marmalade act as a credit broker working with a select panel of lenders.
Marmalade Black Box Insurance
- So-called black box technology (telematics) is fitted to your car.
- It monitors the way the car is driven and encourages a responsible driving style.
- Insurance is fully comprehensive and covers you on a provisional and full licence.
- Free insurance for the first year*
- You can change insurer after the first year if you wish
* Finance is subject to status and only available from age 18. Marmalade, acting as a credit broker, will introduce you to a select panel of lenders. Free insurance available in selected postcodes. Your new car will be covered through Marmalade with a discreet black box. Unsafe driving skills could lead to a premium increase but 9 out of 10 Marmalade drivers have never had that problem.
Car Finance Loans Guide
If you’re uncertain which type of credit might suit you or you have a money problem then one of guides may help you. We summarise each type of loan and their pros and cons, and address issues regarding debt and credit ratings.
Got a Question about Marmalade?
Answers to Common Questions
Choose Marmalade car finance because:
- They want to help you drive cars that are safer and they want to let you do that affordably
- Get 12 months free insurance (some postcode restrictions) or a significant insurance contribution
- Save money versus buying an old car and insuring it the old fashioned way
- Benefit from the experience of a dedicated young driver team
- All cars offered fall into the lower road tax bracket
Based on the ratings and reviews collected by Trustpilot customers of Marmalade are very happy. 81% of reviewers called the company “excellent” and another 10% calling the company “great”. Its overall score is 4.5 out of 5.
- You buy and insure your car through Marmalade as a package
- To help minimise your insurance costs and to encourage safe driving a “black box” is fitted to your car (properly called telematics). It monitors your use of the car.
- You get free insurance (or a large contribution to premiums) for the first 12 months – after 12 months you can continue with Marmalade or go elsewhere for your insurance
- You can drive on both provisional and full licences
- If you are aged 18+ Marmalade can find you competitive car finance to pay for your car or you can buy it outright. The finance aims to get you into a car with only a low deposit required.
The Marmalade scheme allows you to finance the purchase of your new car with only a low deposit needed. The finance used can be either HP or PCP (click to learn more). Typically you don’t own the car until you have made all the payments. With PCP you have the option of handing the car back before making the final “balloon” payment.
If you wish you could pay for the car outright with cash, or borrow from elsewhere using an unsecured loan for example.
Yes, all Marmalade cars are brand new. In fact, you choose the car you want and specify various options to tailor it to your needs. As you do so you will see the effect on the monthly cost so you can ensure the car you specify is affordable. There is a wide range of car brands and models to choose from (see above).
These are the insurance options available:
- Black box (telematic) insurance – suitable for learners as well as full licence holders aged from 17 onwards. Young person is the main driver. There are no curfews.
- Learner driver insurance – provisional licence holders using a parent’s, friend’s or a family car
- Named young driver insurance – young drivers driving a parent’s or grandparent’s car
- Pay as you go insurance – full licence holders driving a family car and only paying for the miles driven.
The price you pay for insurance is all about the level of risk your driving poses! So, when you are young and inexperienced the risk is (much) higher and so too are the premiums. What the black box does is help to lower the risk – because it monitors your driving you are encouraged to drive responsibly and safely. You develop good driving habits. With this lower risk comes more affordable insurance.
You are actually able to go online and view your driving data to discover how well you’ve been doing!
Unlike some other insurers, Marmalade doesn’t impose any curfews on your use of the car. You may be asked to add a parent to your policy as this helps to keep premiums down while you build up a no claims discount for the future.
So, how well do Marmalade drivers do? 9 out of 10 drivers have never had a problem and benefit from continued low insurance premiums. Just so you know, if in future you decide to no longer be insured by Marmalade the black box is simply turned off (but as you own it it remains discretely fitted in your car).
A Young Driver’s point of view:
A Mother’s point of view:
“A very good site. I am really happy with this site, especially the educational part. Thanks again.”Mr. F.B. from Liverpool WRITE A REVIEW
“Great service!”Ms. M.E. from Burnley WRITE A REVIEW
“A very useful and easy to read website.”Mr. J.J. from Macclesfield WRITE A REVIEW
“I would like to thank you for your swift response…I was delighted with the service that I received from yourselves.”Mrs. A.C. from Chichester WRITE A REVIEW