Guarantor Loans up to £15,000
Using our wide panel of guarantor loan lenders we are now able to offer loans up to £15,000. So, if you have a bad credit history you can now apply for a large loan with the lending decision based less on your credit history (still subject to affordability).
Over the last 10 years, as we have extended our lender panel, we have seen the maximum guarantor loan rise from £3,000, to £5,000, to £7,500, to £10,000, to £12,000 and finally to £15,000.
While the average loan is around £3,000 to £4,000 it’s good to know that larger amounts are available if needed.
Bad Credit loans up to £15,000
- Guarantor Loans up to £15k
- Typical loan value £3,000
- Rates start at 29.9% APR with rates dependent on loan term, loan amount, lender and type of guarantor
- Representative 39.9% APR
- Loans up to £7,500 – guarantors can be non-homeowners
- Loans are subject to affordability checks
Guarantor Loans - Why Consider One?
For those who may not have a clean credit history, a guarantor loan is a way to obtain unsecured credit at a reasonable cost. The principle of a guarantor loan is that a friend, family member or work colleague with a reasonably clean credit file guarantees your loan and the repayments. Therefore it does not matter if you have a bad credit history so long as you can prove you have sufficient income to repay the loan.
With guarantor loans of £15,000 now available many more people should be able to get the unsecured credit they need.
Guidance for choosing your guarantor:
- Loans up to £7,500 – your guarantor can be a non-homeowner or tenant if you wish (although lenders will always prefer a homeowner if you can offer one)
- Loans of £7,500 to £15,000 – your guarantor must be a homeowner
Repayment Terms & Loan Cost
These loans typically have repayment terms of between 1 and 5 years with repayments on a monthly basis. To reduce your monthly payment you might want to consider spreading the repayments over a longer period, especially if the loan is large. This may make the loan more manageable on a monthly basis in terms of your budget but be careful about the total amount of interest you’re paying – it always makes sense to repay a loan as fast as you can.
We have a table of estimated monthly payments which you might find useful in this context.
Unsecured Loans up to £25,000
If you require more than a £15,000 loan then we have standard personal loans which are available up to £25,000. These don’t require a guarantor, but will either require a clean credit history or a much higher APR% than guarantor loans.
Credit Crunch Loan Specialists
Since the 2008/9 financial crisis it has become increasingly difficult to obtain finance if you have credit problems because banks and building societies have become risk averse – in fact these institutions are competing so hard for the same clean credit customers that rates for them have never been so low. But this has left millions of the UK population out in the cold. This is where a guarantor loan could help.
Solutions Loans are specialists in finding finance and loan solutions for those with both good and bad credit files. We work with a large and growing number of lenders including those who will take people with bad credit histories.
Simple 3 Step Application Process
To apply for a loan online just follow our simple 3 step process:
- Fill out a single Enquiry Form – approach multiple lenders in one go! (there are no fees for our service).
- We will tell you which lenders will lend to you in principle
- If you provide an acceptable guarantor and can show you can afford the repayments then it is possible for you to get up to £15,000 within 24 hours.
Guarantor Loans Guide
If you’re uncertain which type of credit might suit you or you have a money problem then one of guides may help you. We summarise each type of loan and their pros and cons, and address issues regarding debt and credit ratings.