- Use to your advantage
- Rebuild your credit rating
- Find out about Vanquis
- Play by the rules to be OK
- Be wary of the pitfalls
A credit card is the perfect way to run your day-to-day finances. It’s a “cash flow tool” – a way to bridge the gap between when you pay for goods and services and when you get paid. If you play by the rules you can get around 45 days of free credit on a revolving basis. If you break the rules you can start to incur high charges and a growing amount of debt. So, it pays to:
- know what the rules are
- choose the right credit card
Compare Credit Cards Now
If you are thinking of getting a credit card or changing your card provider then check out our 100% up-to-date comparison table. Our comparison table allows you to search for cards on the basis of which:
- offer 0% on balance transfers
- offer 0% on new purchases
- can help rebuild your credit rating
- offer rewards
- allow foreign spending
Credit Card Do's & Don'ts:
Things you should DO
- Pay off your card balance in full each month!
- Shop around for the best card on the terms you need
- Switch provider to get a lower rate
- Switch to get a 0% on transfers, and then gradually pay off your balance before the end of the 0% term
- Pay for essentials with cash – avoid adding these to your credit card balance
Things you should NOT DO
- Make only the minimum monthly payment – interest rates are horrific if you do this
- Buy things you couldn’t afford to buy if you only had cash
- Sign the credit card agreement without reading the terms & conditions!
- Close cards without considering if there would be an adverse impact on your credit rating
Getting the most from Credit Cards
If you want to find out how to get the most value from using a credit card then read our guide, or watch the 5 minute video. You’ll be introduced to the basics of operating a credit card, the benefits of using one and how apply to ensure you get the one right for you.
We’ve also got some useful articles about credit cards:
- The UK’s cashback credit card market
- The ending of credit card fees and charges
- Are you using the wrong credit card?
- Make your regular purchases on a bad credit credit card
- Should I use my credit card abroad?
- Could a balance transfer credit card make sense?
Credit Cards for Bad Credit
If you have a tricky credit history then you might like to know that there are credit cards designed just for people like you. The cards can actually help you improve your credit rating if you meet the payment requirements and stay within your limit.
Vanquis operates one of the most successful cards that can help you rebuild your credit.
Credit Cards Loans
If you’re uncertain which type of credit might suit you or you have a money problem then one of guides may help you. We summarise each type of loan and their pros and cons, and address issues regarding debt and credit ratings.
“A very good site. I am really happy with this site, especially the educational part. Thanks again.”Mr. F.B. from Liverpool WRITE A REVIEW
“Great service!”Ms. M.E. from Burnley WRITE A REVIEW
“A very useful and easy to read website.”Mr. J.J. from Macclesfield WRITE A REVIEW
“I would like to thank you for your swift response…I was delighted with the service that I received from yourselves.”Mrs. A.C. from Chichester WRITE A REVIEW