AUTUMN COMPETITION: WINNERS ANNOUNCED
Our inaugural photo competition has been a great success with hundreds of submissions from all over the world. We’d like to thank everyone who took the time to submit their entries. The theme of “On a Journey” has been interpreted in numerous ways with a refreshing creativity. It was also great to see many people sending us photos from their mobile phones – often the best camera is simply the one you have with you. The one that captures the moment in it’s entirety.
Here are the results of our autumn 2017 competition.
A new competition will be announced soon so bookmark this page and return to it every so often. We will be running two competitions per year with each one run over an extended period.
Share Competition with Your Friends
Previous Photography Competitions & Results
How To Enter:
We’re looking for photos with the theme of “On A Journey”. You can consider “journey” to mean anything real or metaphorical (e.g. a journey of discovery). It’s up to you. What matters is the creative way you approach the theme.
Photos must be original and taken by the competition entrant. Rest assured that there is no need for any expensive camera equipment. The quality of images from camera phones is more than adequate.
You may enter by any one of these means:
- using the submission form on this website
- by publicly posting a photo on Instagram with the hashtag #OnAJourneyPhoto
- by publicly tweeting a photo on Twitter with the hashtag #OnAJourneyPhoto
- by visiting our Facebook page (@SolutionLoansUK) and publicly posting your photo with the hashtag #OnAJourneyPhoto [or via the Photo Contest tab on that page]
See the full terms & conditions below.
Competition Closing Date:
Your entry must be submitted before midnight (GMT) on
Entries will not be accepted after this date.
The winner will receive £250 and publication on the Solution Loans website, with two runners up each receiving £50 and publication on our site.
By entering this photo competition you are deemed to have read and accepted all aspects of this competition’s terms and conditions.
Entry is open to anyone aged 18 or over. Entrants may be amateur or professional photographers. Entries must be the original and unpublished work of the entrant and not currently submitted for publication or for any other competition or award. Only one photograph may be entered per person.
All entrants retain ownership of the photograph they submit. By entering the competition all entrants permit Solution Loans and its owner Affiniti Digital Media Ltd to use their photograph for the sole purpose of promoting this competition and its final results.
The photo competition is free to enter. The competition closes at midnight (GMT) on 31st October 2017. No entries will be accepted after this time. There is no requirement to have used the Solution Loans broking service.
- You may enter this photo competition once with a maximum of 1 photo.
- The photograph you enter must be original and your own work.
- Photos must have been taken since 1 January 2017.
- Photos that have won an award in a competition, or that have been entered in a competition where the results are pending, are not eligible for entry.
- Entries must not contain personally identifiable information about the submitter or any other persons.
- Entries containing infringing, threatening, abusive, libellous, vulgar, obscene, inflammatory, pornographic, or profane shall be disqualified.
- Any person depicted in the entry must have granted permission to be portrayed as shown.
- If an entry is deemed to have broken the above rules, it shall be disqualified from the competition.
- By submitting an entry for the contest, the entrant acknowledges that they are responsible for marking their own image to protect against image misuse. Solution Loans assumes no responsibility and is not liable for any image misuse.
- Photos/images need to be submitted in the manner described above.
- Photo Competition Judging
The photo competition will be judged using a mix of voting and judging. The public may vote during the competition and voting will close at midnight (GMT) on November 15th 2017. Judges will then select the winning entry from a short list of the 25 photos with the most votes from the public voting. Judges will be appointed by Solution Loans and their decision will be final. No correspondence will be entered into.
Winners will be notified within two weeks of the closing date for voting after which unplaced entries may be submitted elsewhere. Winning entries may not be submitted elsewhere for twelve months after that date without permission of Solution Loans who retain the right to publish winning entries in any form during those twelve months.
For queries, please contact us via: [email protected]