- Borrow up to £25001
- Online Service
- Choose payment period
- Direct to bank account
- No hidden charges
Sunny.co.uk is an online provider of short to medium term credit. If you need a loan of between £100 and £2500 and then want to repay it over 1 to 14 months (in monthly instalments) then Sunny’s offering may be worth considering. They have two products:
- Sunny Now – £100 to £950 with a loan repayment term of 1 to 6 months (Representative 1299% APR)
- Sunny Plus – £1000 to £2500 with a loan repayment term of 1 to 14 months (Representative 239% APR)
Maximum loan amounts are subject to a credit check and an affordability assessment. You may apply for either type of loan. Keep in mind that if you apply for a Sunny Plus loan and are rejected you may still be offered a Sunny Now loan.
As with other types of instalment loan keep in mind that this may not be the cheapest option available to you. Use our Find Loan tool to investigate others. There may also be other cheaper instalment loans than Sunny’s.
- Short term online lender
- Borrow £10 to £2500
- Paid directly into your bank account within 1 hour of acceptance
- Choose to repay over 1 to 14 months
- Repay in monthly instalments
- No Late Fees – the amount you need to repay will never increase
Summary of Sunny Loans
- Short term cash loans of £100 to £2500 that you repay in (up to 14) monthly instalments:
- two products – Sunny Now & Sunny Plus (see above)
- Borrow over periods ranging from 1 to 14 months.
- Apply online & after acceptance get your loan direct to your bank within (typically) 1 hour.
- There are no hidden fees – the amount you borrow, plus interest will never increase.
- Successful repayment of your loan could help to rebuild your credit rating.
- You will need a bank account into which the loan is paid.
How to apply for a cash loan from Sunny
Applications are only accepted online via their website. The online process will lead to a swift lending decision so Sunny will need you to provide the following information at this time:
- Bank account and debit card details
- Employer details
- 3 years of address history in the UK (and be living in the UK now)
- Income and expenditure information (to allow Sunny to assess loan affordability)
You can apply 24/7 and Sunny are able to transfer funds to your bank account 24/7. In most cases they can do this within 15 minutes of accepting your application although the bank’s processes may mean it takes an hour to become available to you.
In most cases a lending decision will be instantly made online. In some rare cases Sunny may require you to upload some additional information – if this is the case they will let you know by email what they require.
Instalment Loans Guide
If you’re uncertain which type of credit might suit you or you have a money problem then one of guides may help you. We summarise each type of loan and their pros and cons, and address issues regarding debt and credit ratings.
Got a Question about Sunny.co.uk?
The main differences are as follows (Sunny Now vs Sunny Plus):
- Loan Amounts – £100 to £950 vs £1000 to £2500
- Repayment Periods – 1 to 6 months vs 1 to 14 months
- Representative APR% – 1299% vs 239% [fixed]
If you apply for Sunny Plus and are unsuccessful you may still be offered a Sunny Now loan.
Also keep in mind the following:
- If you need to borrow £900 – £950 it may make sense to apply for a Sunny Plus loan rather than a Sunny Now loan because the total repayment could be less. For example:
- Sunny Now – £950 over 6 months – repay a total of £1887.08(Representative 1299% APR)
- Sunny Plus – £1000 over 6 months – repay a total of £1397.87(Representative 239% APR)
- Given the difference in the APR of each loan you could borrow over a longer time frame with a Sunny Plus loan and still repay less in total than with a Sunny Now loan. It’s worth using the online calculator on the Sunny website.
Sunny prefers to collect repayments using a Continuous Payment Authority (CPA) which is why they require your debit card details. This is how your account will be initially set up. If you don’t like CPA’s they provide an online method of payment accessed via their website. In each case you will receive automated payment reminders.
All you need do is log in to your Sunny account at their website and amend your monthly amount. You can also clear your full balance outstanding in the same manner. There are no additional fees for clearing your balance early or speeding up repayments. And you get the benefit of reducing the amount of interest you are charged.
At the start of your agreement with Sunny you will know the total amount you need to repay. This will never increase as Sunny do not charge additional fees. As with any debt if you believe you are going to struggle to repay it in line with your agreement you must get in touch with Sunny to agree a way forward.
Management of your debt is a serious matter and while you may not be charged extra by Sunny for extending your loan period you do risk have the repayment issue registered on your credit file which will make it more difficult to obtain credit in the future.
Sunny.co.uk is a trading name of Elevate Credit International Ltd. They are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, FRN 673771
To operate this service we receive a commission from the provider we refer you to.
“A very good site. I am really happy with this site, especially the educational part. Thanks again.”Mr. F.B. from Liverpool WRITE A REVIEW
“Great service!”Ms. M.E. from Burnley WRITE A REVIEW
“A very useful and easy to read website.”Mr. J.J. from Macclesfield WRITE A REVIEW
“I would like to thank you for your swift response…I was delighted with the service that I received from yourselves.”Mrs. A.C. from Chichester WRITE A REVIEW