- Borrow up to £15001
- Online Service
- Choose payment period
- Direct to bank account
- No hidden charges
Ladder Loans is an online provider of short/medium term credit. If you need a personal loan of up to £1500 and then want to repay it over 3 to 12 months then Ladder Loans’s offering may be worth considering.
As with other types of instalment loan keep in mind that this may not be the cheapest option available to you. Use our Find Loan tool to investigate others. There may also be other cheaper instalment loans than Ladder Loans’s.
- Short/medium term online lender
- Borrow £400 to £1500
- Paid directly into your bank account the same day.
- Choose to repay over 3 to 12 months
- Can help rebuild your credit rating
Summary of Ladder Loans
- Short/medium term cash loans of £400 to £1500 that you repay in monthly instalments
- Borrow over periods ranging from 3 to 12 months
- Apply online & after acceptance get your loan direct to your bank the same day
- There are no hidden charges – you always know upfront the total amount of the loan that you need to repay
- Successful repayment of your loan could help to rebuild your credit rating
- You will need a bank account into which the loan is paid
How to apply for a cash loan from Ladder Loans
Use their repayment calculator to select the loan amount and repayment period you prefer. It tells you what the repayments are so you can judge whether you can afford them. Remember that the quicker you repay the loan the lower the total cost of the interest although each repayment will be higher (see example in FAQs below).
After you apply you will be given a decision in principle (including an assessment of affordability). You may be contacted by a member of the Ladder Loans customer service team if they need to manually assess your application. Once approved the loan is paid to your bank account. If your application is received and approved by 3.30pm on a weekday then you should receive the funds into your bank the same day.
Instalment Loans Guide
If you’re uncertain which type of credit might suit you or you have a money problem then one of guides may help you. We summarise each type of loan and their pros and cons, and address issues regarding debt and credit ratings.
Got a Question about Ladder Loans?
Before you apply these are the basic borrower criteria. You must:
- Be aged 18 or over
- Be a UK resident
- Be in full time employment
- Have a bank account with a debit card
- Have an regular income of at least £750 per month (benefit payments are not accepted)
- Agree to a credit check
You will need to provide:
- a valid email address & mobile phone number
- address information
- your income and outgoings
- your employment details
- your bank account and debit card details
The loan amounts are fixed to be between £400 and £1500. What you are actually allowed to borrow will depend on your credit score how much you are judged to be able to afford in repayment terms. Ladder Loans is committed to lending responsibly.
For whatever amount you want to borrow the size of the monthly repayment depends on the period you want to borrow it for. And the pace you repay the loan determines the interest you will have to pay. As an example lets say you borrow £1000:
- Repay over 6 months – 6 repayment of £245.25 – total repayment = £1471.50
- Repay over 12 months – 12 repayments of £163.43 – total repayment = £1961,16
As you can see repaying the loan more quickly means higher monthly repayments, but you save a fortune (51%) in interest. The rule of thumb is to repay the loan as fast as you can within what your monthly budget allows.
You can calculate your instalment costs by using the Ladder Loans calculator.
When you make your application you specify the date on which Ladder Loans should debit the repayment from your bank account. They do this using a direct debit authority. If you believe you may have trouble meeting a month’s repayment you must get in touch with Ladder Loans to agree a solution.
If you do not take steps to resolve payment issues you may find it more difficult to obtain credit from any lender in the future.
You can speed up your loan repayments or pay the whole balance off in one go if you wish. To arrange this you simply need to contact the customer service team.
Ladder Loans is a trading name of Inventive Finance Ltd. They are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Interim Permissions Reference Number 595847
To operate this service we receive a commission from the provider we refer you to.
“A very good site. I am really happy with this site, especially the educational part. Thanks again.”Mr. F.B. from Liverpool WRITE A REVIEW
“Great service!”Ms. M.E. from Burnley WRITE A REVIEW
“A very useful and easy to read website.”Mr. J.J. from Macclesfield WRITE A REVIEW
“I would like to thank you for your swift response…I was delighted with the service that I received from yourselves.”Mrs. A.C. from Chichester WRITE A REVIEW