Best Unsecured Loans in the UK
With so many lenders and so little time how do you find the best unsecured loan for your needs?
Our free enquiry service means:
- provide some basic information about you and your needs
- we'll find out which lenders will lend to you in principle
- we won't bother showing you lenders who won't lend
- you compare the loan offers and decide how you want to proceed
- you'll save lots of time
- our broker / comparison service is free
- same deals as going direct
- Extensive panel of lenders
- Loan value from £100 to £25,000
- Both Non-homeowners & Homeowners welcome
- All credit ratings considered
- Same deals as going direct
- Free loan comparison service
- Often 3-4 offers available
What is the Best Unsecured Loan?
The loan that is best for you may not be the loan that is best for someone else. It all depends on your personal circumstances. We can't advise you which loan is best in your case as we don't have the information about your circumstances and indeed your needs.
However, with a little information we can help narrow down your unsecured loan options and then you can make your own decision about what you think fits your needs the best. There are two things you can do on our website:
- Use our Find Loan tool to narrow down the type of loans that might suit you - this could include unsecured loans
- If you are sure an unsecured loan fits your needs then make a free enquiry so we can find lenders who will lend to you in principle - and then you can complete your application at the chosen lender's website.
As is the case with all credit it will be subject to the lender ensuring that the repayments are affordable.
Comparing Unsecured Loans
The great thing about our free broker service, apart from the fact that it's free, is that we'll only show you the lenders who say they can help in principle. You won't find yourself applying to a lender through a comparison website only to be rejected. This simply wastes your time when what we want to do is help you get the most from it.
Once armed with your loan options you need to compare them and decide how to proceed. Here are some things to consider when deciding which is unsecured loan is best for you:
- Always try to repay the loan as quickly as you can to minimise the interest cost - but while ensuring the monthly repayments are affordable
- With this in mind don't just look at the headline APR%, but also look at the total amount you'll repay over the life of the loan
- Only borrow what you really need - if you "borrow that little bit more" you'll end up paying interest on it!
- If the lender offers lower rates at different loan amounts the it is sometimes possible that borrowing a bit more might save you interest! But take care.
- If you have a credit issue then it really pays to shop around, but take care that any lender you apply to only uses a "soft search" - hard searches will damage your credit rating.
- If you need a bad credit loan then it might make sense to consider a guarantor loan - but only if it makes financial sense.
- Always read the small print and make sure you understand what you are allowed to do in terms of making early repayments or over paying. Are there any additional fees involved?
- If you have existing debt and you are thinking of consolidating it take care - read more about consolidating debts.