Bogus Loan Scams - how to avoid being caught out
A growing number of people are getting caught out by bogus loan companies - particularly "advance fee" loan scams. These are becoming more common because of the tight credit policies being implemented by traditional lenders. Those who don't qualify for loans will look elsewhere - while there are legitimate specialist lenders (and Solution Loans has relationships with some of these) who could help, there are "lenders" who seek to do no more than take your money.
How do Fake Loan Scams Work?
You'll be asked to pay an up front "set up" fee and potentially "transfer fees" or "no guarantor" fees. After sending this cash and being promised that your loan would be deposited immediately nothing will happen. You will chase and then you may receive further calls requiring further payments. The scammers may also use the trading name of a legitimate lender or broker to convince you of their authenticity (referring you to websites they don't run simply to enhance their credibility), but it is likely that any office address they give you will be false and any phone numbers they give you simply re-routed to take you off the scent as to where they really are. If you are asked to pay by Western Union money transfer (or similar service) you won't even have a record of exactly where your money ends up - it often heads out of the UK.
How to Avoid Getting Scammed
- Never pay any money up front to get a loan, no matter how small the sum might be!
- Never give out your bank details when you are approached unexpectedly by someone claiming to provide loans or credit
- Treat any offer of easy and cheap credit with extreme caution
You can Trust Solution Loans
When you enquire through Solution Loans' secure forms you can rest assured that you will be dealing with a reputable company that has your best interests at heart.
- We are owned by Affiniti Digital Media Ltd, a long standing and well respected online media business:
- We are registered with the Office of Fair Trading (license no. 558724) - to check this go to the OFT website and select CCA Search on the right; type "Solution Loans" into the Trading Name field and click "search". Our parent company Affiniti Digital Media Ltd will be displayed with license number 558724
- Our website is registered with Nominet, the UK's internet registry, and ownership by Affiniti Digital Media Ltd can be checked by typing "solution-loans.co.uk" into the "WHOIS" box at Nominet
- We don't charge any up front fees for our online service
- We are an internet-only business - we don't have a call centre - so we won't call you unexpectedly
- We don't ask for any bank account or sort code information on our secure forms
- There is no obligation to follow through once you have submitted an enquiry
There appears to be some confusion between our trading style ("Solution Loans") and that of "Loan Solutions" which has a website at loan-solutions.co.uk. We need to emphasise that we have nothing to do with "Loan Solutions"/Loan-Solutions.co.uk - they are owned and run by a business called Loan & Finance Solutions Ltd. If you have issues relating to "Loan Solutions" you must direct them to Loan & Finance Solutions Ltd.